Our consulting services include complete plan and specification preparation, pre-bidding, and construction support by conducting on-site observation, energy studies, life-cycle cost analysis, system evaluations, and cost estimating. Typically producing contract documents for bid purposes, MKE also partners in design/ build projects with some of the northwest's largest companies, listed in detail on our Projects page.
MKE has also performed nearly 100 building evaluations of existing mechanical, electrical, and telecommunications systems. Our reviews offer non-intrusive observations in the areas of plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical to determine extended and remaining useful lives; estimates provide the price of new equipment plus related replacement and ongoing maintenance costs.When applicable, we also evaluate the feasibility of adapting existing mechanical and electrical systems to proposed building modifications.
- Plumbing systems design for water, sanitary, and chemical waste and storm drainage
- Specification documents for fire protection systems (including ESFR and AFFF)
- HVAC design for air and water systems (including central plants)
- Precise temperature, humidity, and filtration control for specific environments
- Design for chemical and particulate exhaust systems
- Computer-aided pipe stress analysis for temperature and seismic conditions
- Cost estimates and energy/life-cycle cost studies
- Related forensic investigations and reports
MKE has specialty experience in clean rooms, chemical laboratories, specialty and scrubbed exhaust systems, and medical/process gases.
- Power system design: distribution and emergency generation
- Lighting system design: indoor, outdoor, and public street lighting
- Low-voltage system design: fire alarm, security, nurse call, paging, and synchronized clocks
- Electrical system evaluations of existing buildings
- Total energy surveys for municipal, industrial, and commercial facilities - Cost estimates
- Related forensic investigations
- Expert Witness services
- Design for voice, video, data cabling, and audio/visual systems
- Implementation of voice, video, and data infrastructure
- Structured cabling for equipment room layouts
- Indoor fiber and copper cabling
- Outdoor plant cabling